On 7 May 2020, Micro Focus announced the release of Micro Focus File Analysis Suite, a new SaaS cloud service offering IT administrators and data analysts a comprehensive data lifecycle management solution for identifying, managing and securing sensitive information across the enterprise. As organisations implement protocols to meet national and international data regulations, the Micro Focus File Analysis Suite (FAS) lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk and provides analytical insight and value across high-value and sensitive data assets.
“With Micro Focus File Analysis Suite customers no longer need to choose between traditional platforms that are limited to only offering storage optimisation or data access and governance,” said Rick Carlson, Vice President, Information Management & Governance Solutions at Micro Focus. “Featuring tools that combine detailed information analysis and insight with extensive risk assessment tools our unified solution lowers the total cost of compliance, reduces risk and provides analytical insight and value that creates competitive advantage.”
Organisations employing Micro Focus File Analysis can automatically take action on sensitive data content, current and legacy text files, and can be assured of complete content analysis, indexing, and reporting of file information and metadata in context.
By providing identity and access governance, complete data visibility mapping, and actionable analytics to optimise server efficiency and data quality, Micro Focus FAS ensures data lifecycle management and data access governance for a unified approach to mitigating the risk associated with managing sensitive data.
New Data Discovery features and capabilities within the File Analysis Suite include:
- Governance and Compliance: Deep data discovery, data classification, audit trails, and analysis to evaluate, detect and govern sensitive/high-value information and optimisation associated IT systems and infrastructure.
- Sensitive Data Analytics: Automated tagging, and metadata enrichment with pre-built sensitive data analytics and pattern matching in support of GDPR, CCPA, PIPEDA, POPI, KVKK, as well as, PCI, and PHI.
- Risk mitigation: Develop custom policies and controls to monitor, remediate and proactively manage identities and data access across critical data repositories.
- Research Workspaces: Create and collaborate around sensitive data within Workspaces to conduct deeper analysis, identify additional data sets, and review of sensitive data.
- Data Subject Analysis: Leverage pre-built templates designed to assist in reporting and responding to consumer and Data Subject Access Requests.
- Data Management: Remediation actions to be applied to selected files without the need for moving or copying the data from its source (e.g., collect, hold, delete).
- Search and eDiscovery: Analyse, tag and manage high-value assets (e.g. contracts, intellectual property, patents etc.) and sensitive personal data (e.g. PI/ PII, PCI, PHI etc.) across unstructured data including files, email, business records, structured data, images, and rich media.
Organisations that are able to gain a deeper understanding of where sensitive and high value data reside are better equipped to protect and secure that data to remain in compliance. Siloed tools cannot address the data governance and security challenges many organisations must overcome. As a complete end-to-end data lifecycle management solution,
File Analysis Suite is just one of the ways Micro Focus helps customers bridge existing and emerging technologies in the race for digital transformation.
File Analysis for Hybrid Cloud
Micro Focus FAS comprises a modern SaaS, microservice-based architecture designed for the cloud—providing instant project startup and automatic scaling. It is a subscription service that enables customers to start analysing corporate data without large capital expenditure. There is agentless cloud connectivity for Office 365 and other cloud repositories so that you may analyse your data directly in the cloud regardless of the source data being on premises or cloud. A management console for monitoring all file analysis and index processing activities is provided.
As customers look to meet evolving workloads, wrangle enterprise data, comply with global regulations and contain the cost associated with managing and securing sensitive data, new solutions are required to meet the mounting data management requirements across the business. The FAS Data Discovery module is ideally suited to meet these challenges. Built as a cloud-first, multi-tenant SaaS solution, Data Discovery is built to scale, drive operational efficiency through data analytics, and intuitively identify risk while reducing the total cost of compliance.
In addition, Data Discovery is extensible to securely analyse and interrogate the most common, high-risk unstructured data repositories (e.g., file shares, Exchange, SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Office 365, Content Manager), as well as additional repositories via Micro Focus IDOL connectors (e.g., Box, GoogleDrive, Documentum, Filenet). The connector framework ensures secure access to the data being analysed as well as encrypting any flow data or data natively stored by the application.
For customers looking to manage personal and sensitive data more holistically, Data Discovery provides a hybrid option by integrating with Micro Focus Content Manager which provides a long term repository for archiving and managing business records.
In summary, this new SaaS Cloud Service lowers the cost of compliance and provides competitive advantage with its content analysis, contextual analytics capabilities with personal data discovery across mission critical repositories.
Micro Focus Press release published on 7 May 2020: https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/press-room/press-releases/2020/micro-focus-introduces-file-analysis-suite-to-reduce-risk-associated-with-global-data-privacy-regulations