In this article, we’ll do a quick review of the latest and greatest release of Micro Focus Open Enterprise server, Open Enterprise Server 2018, which will have been released by the time this article is published. The key highlights of this release, which has been in the making for the last 15 months include:
- Protocol Stack Updates – SMB and NCP
- Apple Mac Enhancements. (Salvage / Purge extension, Improved SMB performance)
- Domain Services for Windows Enhancements
- NSS Improvements. (Reduce fragmentation, Scale improvements)
- Install Changes & Integrated and controlled update channel(s)
- UI Refresh for components such as Remote Manager
- Numerous bug fixes, enhancements, and performance improvements.
- Also included as Technical Preview is the brand new, Cloud Integrated Storage (CIS) feature
- All the above run on top of the latest SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2 and eDirectory 9.0
- Availability of Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) to OES customers
- Availability of iPrint for OES 2018
This article was first published in Open Horizons Magazine, Issue 39, 2017/4, p5-6.
....To view the full article you must have a full Digital Subscription.